SAP SQL Anywhere OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP SQL Anywhere is #15 ranked solution in top Relational Databases. IT Central Station users give SAP SQL Anywhere an average rating of 10 out of 10. SAP SQL Anywhere is most commonly compared to SQL Server:SAP SQL Anywhere vs SQL Server. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.
What is SAP SQL Anywhere?

SAP SQL Anywhere enables companies to develop custom mobile and IoT application and rapidly design and deploy embedded database applications. The RDBMS solutions can provide secure, reliable data management and synchronization for thousands of mobile devices, Internet of Things (IoT) systems, and remote environments. They let business users work uninterrupted, even without a network connection.

SAP SQL Anywhere was previously known as Sybase SQL Anywhere.

Download the Relational Databases Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

SAP SQL Anywhere Customers

AOK Bundesverband, Surgutneftegas Open Joint Stock Company, Molson Coors Brewing Company, City of Buenos Aires, ASR Group, Citrix, EarlySense, Usha International Limited, Automotive Resources International, Wªrth Group, Takisada-Osaka Co. Ltd., Coelba, RZD Russian Railways, National Basketball Association, TALLY WEiJL

SAP SQL Anywhere Video

SAP SQL Anywhere Reviews

SG
SAP Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Has valuable auto-backup replication and is user-friendly

• "The auto-backup replication is a perfect feature. That is the feature I liked the most."
  • "A problem we are experiencing now is when doing a backup in SQL 2012 and 14."

How has it helped my organization?

I also like that we can reduce the size as needed for the cache.

In SAP HANA, you have to write a query in double-quotes which is very easy, interesting, and user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

A problem we are experiencing now is when doing a backup in SQL 2012 and 14 there's a problem with the license. It's an automatic backup and does not get scheduled in version 12.

I have been using SAP SQL Anywhere for eleven years.

The stability is very good because it is user-friendly. My customers also mean customer users, who are very flexible with their SQL, with SAP. Because they can write or export any queries or any reports on their own if they want to.

But in HANA, it's not difficult to connect routers. SQL is much more comfortable for everyone.

Scalability is good, the recovery is good. The stability is very nice.

I have encountered one or two issues. But one of my recent customers crashed their server. Backup recovery is hard, you are unable to do the backup. After the key backup, that backup is done during the install.

In our office, we have one database expert for SQL. As I understand, we can easily get answers from Google or any search engine. It took a few days to figure out a solution to a problem we were experiencing.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's very easy to download and run. It's like "next, next, next" and you put the server name and then create a password, and that's it. Then it's done.

I am satisfied with the pricing. It's a lot cheaper than other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate SAP SQL a nine out of ten. It's a good product and easy to work with.

Product Categories
Relational Databases
Download our free Relational Databases Report and find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Microsoft, Oracle, and more!