Testim OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Testim is #14 ranked solution in top Test Automation Tools and #19 ranked solution in top Functional Testing Tools. IT Central Station users give Testim an average rating of 10 out of 10. Testim is most commonly compared to Functionize:Testim vs Functionize. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is Testim?

Testim is an end-to-end agile testing automation solution which utilizes machine learning for test authoring, execution, and maintenance. Users can create tests in minutes, run thousands of tests in parallel across different browsers, integrate with their existing CI/CD and collaboration tools, and more.

Download the Functional Testing Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Testim Customers

Microsoft, salesforce, JFrog, USA Today, Globality

Testim Video

Testim Reviews

MC
Director Test Services at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Great REST API features, good technical support, and makes it easy to onboard new testers

• "The REST API features allowed integrated testing for select products to quickly make calls and test the UIs with API calls while the CLI allows us to matrix the grid function across browsers."
  • "The accessibility reporting features could be more robust to be reported at the script level and allow users to map down to the step level."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for web application testing for about 9 different products and some applications that have multiple API calls. We have successfully used the API validations to enter or set values using the API and confirmed those results in the UI and exports. We use test data within the Java Script editor and we use the Command Line Interface (CLI) and scheduler to vary the combination of users for some of our test suites. We have recently added accessibility testing to those customer-facing web applications as part of our releases.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to quickly train and onboard new testers by getting them certified on Testim's certification training, which enables our Testers to understand how Testim works. That training makes it easier for them to work on and troubleshoot our existing regression suites for our web applications. This enables them to learn and start to envision tests for new features for existing applications.

The ability to add shared steps across scripts and edit them improved our ability to create and edit scripts.

What is most valuable?

The new accessibility features allow us to set standards across products and use existing scripts for testing.

We also use the scheduler to trigger runs when environments are expected to be available so we do not need to manually trigger regressions. Shared steps allow testers to leverage repeated steps across tests.

What needs improvement?

Some lists have values that are returned in different orders and once captured within a validation, the sort order can change. Is there a way for Testim to ignore the sort order and validate the list?

Sharing steps across projects would be helpful for teams as some products are similar in features and configurations, so sharing steps upfront instead of recording them would benefit our teams.

I've been using the solution for 3 years.

We have metrics reported from Testim where we have about 600 code changes within our tests out of 4,000 - that should not affect our test results.

We have been able to scale new scripts each month with no issue and have been running 200 tests monthly for over 2 years

The Testim technical support is very responsive and worked with a specific team member on the First Databank side to answer hard technical questions and took enhancement requests as needed.

We were also included in their TDK beta program to implement beta applications before other customers if we chose to do so.

Rational Robot was used many years ago and we dropped it as the pixel compares were awful and the pricing was bad.

The initial setup was straightforward and we were able to start recording scripts on Day 1. Once we were given access to the software, we recorded a sample script and had the team working on sample scripts for demo purposes the same day in order to compare software packages.

We implemented directly with the Testim Implementation Team and they were able to answer questions and worked with us each month to keep us on track for projects.

The solution offers strong name recognition and code-free automation.

Updates are easy and forgiving on slow UI responses.

You can generate videos for defect reporting.

There are Baseline/Result screenshot comparisons.

I'd advise users to take advantage of the Implementation meetings, monthly discussions, and pro licensing.

Yes, we looked at SmartBear's TestComplete.

What other advice do I have?

Be advised that the Chrome browser is the primary tool for Testim, however, it is fine.

Gal Yaniv
Automation Developer at Tipalti
Great pre-defined tests with responsive technical support and the capability to scale

• "The pre-defined tests are a great help, specifically the custom JS test that allows us to be able to use custom code to test complicated elements or scenarios."
  • "The UI could use a better design with a better user experience in mind."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the product for testing our web app.

How has it helped my organization?

It enabled us to cover our app in end-to-end tests very quickly with quality results.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The UI could use a better design with a better user experience in mind, for instance - instead of going in and out of the editor every time I want to view test data for a test, I could just view the test data in the table, or the ability to copy steps through tests.

Reports are looking good but missing a lot of information and customization options. for example - ability to create custom reports for a specific test/suite/plan for a specific time range, or seeing additional information about failed tests in the report without entering the editor (see comment above).

User actions should not be limited (e.g. not being able to delete shared steps, only being able to hide them).

I have used the solution for about a year at this point.

The product is very stable. Tests are running as expected and yield the expected result (when there are no bugs).

The solution is good for the beginning, however, once your application grows in features, complexity and scale, you will need more tests, runs, and plans, which all cost more to have.

Technical support offers pretty good response times and good service.

I did not use another solution before this product.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It takes a very short time to learn how to use the product and set everything up.

I handled the entire implementation in-house (myself).

I can't speak to any specific ROI.

I'm not in charge of costs. That said, it seems like a fair price for the product. It is totally worth every penny.

I am not aware of my company looking at other options before choosing this product.

Other
Find out what your peers are saying about Testim, SmartBear, Ranorex and others in Functional Testing Tools. Updated: October 2021.
554,382 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PS
Senior Test Analyst at Colgate
User
Great record and playback features with easy automation capabilities

• "The automating smoke and regression tests have become easier and handier and manual efforts are saved."
  • "There are common properties between multiple elements that we should be able to edit - such as 'when this step fails,' 'when to run this step,' and 'override timeout'. I should be able to update these properties if I select multiple elements."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for business E2E testing, as it is fast and reliable, easy to maintain, and allows for the involvement of QA as well as Dev and BA.

Testim helps us in many areas. QA can automate tests in any given sprint as well, without giving much effort.

How has it helped my organization?

The automating smoke and regression tests have become easier and handier and manual efforts are saved.

What is most valuable?

The record and playback are great features. It's also easy to automate the use case.

What needs improvement?

There are common properties between multiple elements that we should be able to edit - such as 'when this step fails,'  'when to run this step,' and 'override timeout'. I should be able to update these properties if I select multiple elements.

e.g. I added multiple validations on a single page, now i want to override the time out for all the validations. currently i have to select each element and check the 'override timeout', what is expected is I will select all the validations and change timeout for all at once.

I've been using the solution for about a year.

I have always used open-source automation tools with involves programming knowledge. it has lots of pain areas, like locator management, env setup, browser updating, et cetera.

Testim removes all these pain points. QA can concentrate on use cases and suite creation. It saves time.

Private Cloud

Google
Noam Rafael
QA Manager at Fieldin
Offers great stability, minimizes manual labor, and improves automation coverage

• "We added Testim to our CI flow. It allows us to test only tasks that already passed sanity tests."
  • "The API testing integration is a bit lacking and can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for end-to-end UI tests on a complex web platform. (in an environment based on AWS cloud).

How has it helped my organization?

The stability has been great. We can add stable tests very easily and improve our automation coverage. This allows us to deploy a new version into production every few days with minimum manual labor.

In addition, we added Testim to our CI flow. It allows us to test only tasks that already passed sanity tests.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the base algorithm that allows the test to keep passing when we have small changes in the elements or in the UI (test, not break for no reason).

What needs improvement?

The API testing integration is a bit lacking and can be improved. Also, if the product will allow testing of mobile apps (native) that would be great.

I have used the solution for 5 years.