Vembu BDR Suite Overview
What is Vembu BDR Suite?
Vembu BDR Suite is one of the most comprehensive, simple and affordable backup & disaster recovery solutions for the small & medium businesses. Vembu can backup VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Physical Servers, Workstations, Exchange Items, SharePoint Items, SQL Items, Office365, G Suite, etc. – and they can back that up on-site, off-site, or even to the cloud – not to mention that most of this are done within a single UI.
Vembu offers a wide variety of products such as a monitoring solution to centralize the monitoring of all of your backups as well as some which are absolutely free such as Desktop/Laptop Image Backup and the Vembu Universal Explorer for discovering application items within Microsoft apps. It is important to note that Vembu BDR Suite is offered as a single edition software for all businesses, unlike other backup vendors who provide editions with limitations based on the type of businesses.
Vembu has come up with its own free edition of Vembu BDR Suite by which users can backup unlimited VMs with minimal feature restrictions.
Vembu BDR Suite Buyer's Guide
Download the Vembu BDR Suite Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: March 2021
Vembu BDR Suite Customers
On-Ramp Indiana, DH International, Merrimac Solutions, Qsource Networks, TMI, help4IT, Tech North Solutions Inc. Learn more here.
Vembu BDR Suite Video
What users are saying about Vembu BDR Suite pricing:
- "It has actually benefited my operation a fair bit. VMware requires a special hardware while Hyper-V runs on pretty much anything. It doesn't require any special hardware, so it saves a bit of money. Because Vembu does Hyper-V backup, there is no limit on how many VMs you can have. The newer version has a 100 VM limit on the single license, which has been greatly beneficial, because on one host a 100 VMs is a fair bit."
- "The licensing model is quite complicated; it's not simple. An example: If you have a physical server, you have to pay more for that license than you do for a host. It could be running several VMs and that could be a server VM as well. Then, for web station machines, there is no license for those machines and they have no desktop OS - the free version has all this functionality. Their license model needs to be looked at and simplified."
- "At the moment, I am doing Vembu for one host. My costs are about $25 USD a month for a single host up to 100 VMs."
- "It's just the license per host with one CPU, but if I did choose offsite cloud replication, they do charge for the data. They charge per gigabyte, or something like that. They have plans."
- "When they changed to the newest version (4.1), they have more VMs allowed on the free version. Before, there were only three VMs allowed on the free version, and if you needed to back up more than three VMs, you had to get the paid version. Now, you can have up to 10 VMs on the free version."
Vembu BDR Suite Reviews