WatchGuard Threat Detection and Response OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

WatchGuard Threat Detection and Response is the #19 ranked solution in our list of EDR tools. It is most often compared to SentinelOne: WatchGuard Threat Detection and Response vs SentinelOne

What is WatchGuard Threat Detection and Response?

Hackers are designing malware to be more sophisticated than ever. Through packing, encryption, and polymorphism, cyber criminals are able to disguise their attacks to avoid detection. Zero day threats and advanced malware easily slip by antivirus solutions that are simply too slow to respond to the constant stream of emerging threats. Organizations of all sizes need a solution that leverages a holistic approach to security from the network to the endpoint. WatchGuard Threat Detection and Response (TDR) is a powerful collection of advanced malware defense tools that correlate threat indicators from Firebox appliances and Host Sensors to stop known, unknown and evasive malware threats.

WatchGuard Threat Detection and Response is also known as WatchGuard TDR.

Download the Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

WatchGuard Threat Detection and Response Customers
Goodwill New York / New Jersey, F4 IT, Café Comunicação Integrada
WatchGuard Threat Detection and Response Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about WatchGuard Threat Detection and Response pricing:
  • "The price of WatchGuard is very good."
  • "The pricing is competitive."

Tek KeeChuah
Director at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Easy initial setup and stable but not as efficient as Palo Alto

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our protection. We're currently concerned about our security and phishing scams, and we've employed this solution to help protect us.

• "The solution is very easy to use."
  • "The reporting isn't so good. If they worked to improve this aspect of the solution, it would be much stronger."

What other advice do I have?

We're a WatchGuard Silver Partner. I'm not sure which version of the solution our organization is currently using. Our company is quite small, but we service medium-sized organizations and have a large number of clients. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.
ML
Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Good protection and awareness, good scalability, and good support

What is our primary use case?

We have got WatchGuard Firewalls. So, we use their EDR, which is a part of the security package that they provide us. We use this solution for additional protection and response. We use it in combination with the antivirus that we provide to our clients. We have the latest version of this solution.

• "The protection that it provides from ransomware is valuable. The awareness that it has is also valuable. It didn't have a central console earlier, but now it has a central console, which is pretty good."
  • "It can have a couple of false positives, but after you add them to your allow list, it works fine. It could have better Mac support. I am pretty sure it doesn't have much support for Mac. It can be installed on a Mac, but it is not that good."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate WatchGuard Threat Detection and Response a nine out of ten. It is pretty good, and I am satisfied with it.
Find out what your peers are saying about WatchGuard, SentinelOne, CrowdStrike and others in Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR). Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AV
System Administrator at a retailer with 11-50 employees
Advanced defence tools that stop known and unknown malware threats

What is our primary use case?

We use WatchGuard for security services mostly.

• "WatchGuard is very user-friendly. It provides us with all of the security services we need."
  • "When it comes to live-monitoring, the user-interface could be improved to make things easier."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give WatchGuard a rating of nine. I would recommend WatchGuard or something from FortiGate. These two solutions are pretty similar and very good in terms of quality and functionality. I have personally used both of them and they're great.
CD
Senior Manager IT Security and Infrastructure at a insurance company with 201-500 employees
Offers good protection and analytics, and technical support is quick to respond

What is our primary use case?

Our company routinely deals with credit card numbers in transactions and we use WatchGuard to protect our clients' information.

• "The analytics are important because if there is an abnormality then it provides that information to us."
  • "The ease of detecting where an issue is should be improved."

What other advice do I have?

When we implement a new product such as this, we start with a PoC. We ask our vendor to provide a demonstration and then we use it in our environment. This allows us to test each of our scenarios. My advice to others is to follow this approach whenever they want to use a product. Do the testing before they buy it. Every product has it's weaknesses. Just because it benefits one company, doesn't mean that it benefits another. This is why testing is important. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Download our free Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Report and find out what your peers are saying about WatchGuard, SentinelOne, CrowdStrike, and more!