Accedian Skylight Review

The application easily allows us to highlight the black points and point us to the real blocking points.

What is most valuable?

We heavily use the "network analysis" section to dissect and analyze flows. When analyzing past incidents, we also use analysis of application performance. The analysis of the DNS queries is also very useful for us. In sum, we very much value the ability to program the PCAP captures according to the personalized criteria.

How has it helped my organization?

When we are approached for our expertise following an incident on an SI that seems to indicate network infrastructure, the application easily allows us to highlight the black points and to generate exculpatory (or inculpatory) reports for the infrastructure, pointing to the real blocking points.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see support for the sFlow protocol in a future version.

For 2 years.

We have encountered problems with the license that is connected to the hypervisor on which the virtual appliance is deployed. All of a sudden, the VM is not transportable from one hypervisor to another, which worried us and forced us to review our mode of product displacement between different sites.

Nothing in particular.

No concerns in particular. The physical machine hosting the product is sized properly for our needs.

The level of customer service is satisfactory. They make a point every year to follow up with our needs and product usage.

The support is good enough and we received quick and competent assistance during incidents that we raised.

We have not tested similar products over the long term.

The documentation is clear enough to permit a rapid installation and configuration. The video tutorials were appreciated.

The implementation was only done internally.

More Accedian Skylight reviews from users