ADP Streamline Review

Aggregates and manages payrolls from one location with a common SLA and KPIs.

What is most valuable?

Potential integration via cloud connect is the biggest valuable feature, but Streamline has not been as successful as GlobalView in this area.

I also think that the ability to aggregate and manage many payrolls from one location with a common SLA and KPIs is an advantage.

How has it helped my organization?

The product allows you to create and manage shared services centrally even in small countries. It has helped to consolidate processes regardless of the fact that you have different payroll systems.

What needs improvement?

Integration could be improved. You would hope that the cloud connect would work equally as well for GlobalView and Streamline.

Also, project management is currently only specific to the country and not specific to ADP culture and process.

I have used this for almost five years via implementation. I do not run payrolls. I am responsible for global strategy and implementation.

I did not encounter any deployment issues.

I encountered stability issues. We had to scrap plans to integrate Brazil because it was not doable. After we scrapped this, ADP pulled Streamline integration from Brazil to rethink strategy. Again, the payroll system is specific to the country, so I'm not sure what I can write. I would say that Streamline integration needs to be more robust and scalable.

We encountered scalability issues. See other sections.

Technical support is doing a better job since they consolidated all support into Barcelona regardless if it is Streamline or GlobalView. This helps. They are also spending money in this area. They need a global contract and need to stay out of the local country support.

We used to use a different solution. We had different reasons for switching; some based on legacy vendor balance sheet, others made as a first step of shared service consolidation in small countries.

There were integration issues depending on the country but broadly, initial setup was fairly easy.

I would advise others to sign a global contract, then for all added countries just a Statement of Work (SOW) . Also, when you have a global contract, they won’t tell you but you can consolidate limits of liability. Each country ADP sells has a liability limit of two times the revenue. By pooling all countries, the liability is much larger and it better protects your organization.

Too many dependencies: We really should have built a matrix to answer these questions. That is what our strategy is. Based on those answers, you could decide on the solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Understand what you want to accomplish, what the business drivers are, and why you are doing this.