Akamai CloudTest Review

It's intuitive to build performance test.

Valuable Features

I have only used CloudTest and I consider it a very powerful tool.

Improvements to My Organization

I haven’t used it outside the CloudTest training. It is an option for Performance testing taken into consideration by my company.

Room for Improvement

I couldn't say, as I haven't used it outside the training or applied it to any project yet.

Use of Solution

The solution was easy to set-up and much more easy and intuitive to build performance tests. Also, in my opinion, scaling the grid was easier to set-up than JMeter, for example.

In my opinion, scaling the grid was easier to set-up than Jmeter, for example.

We haven't had any issues with scalability.

I had a strong support during training. The trainer had a very strong lecture about the product, making it easier to use and to understand the core features.

The solution used by my employer was JMeter, mainly because it is open-sourced and a lot of engineers already used it or know how to use it. I found CloudTest to be a solid alternative with a more intuitive design. Use of Amazon cloud is also a strong-point as I see more and more products using the cloud. I sure hope to have the change of using CloudTest more often on one of my projects.

Considering that I have worked in VM environments for quite some time now, setting up was fairly straightforward and easy. Once the VM setup is in place, the rest of the setup is a piece of cake.