Akamai CloudTest Review

It's intuitive to build performance test.

What is most valuable?

I have only used CloudTest and I consider it a very powerful tool.

How has it helped my organization?

I haven’t used it outside the CloudTest training. It is an option for Performance testing taken into consideration by my company.

What needs improvement?

I couldn't say, as I haven't used it outside the training or applied it to any project yet.

The solution was easy to set-up and much more easy and intuitive to build performance tests. Also, in my opinion, scaling the grid was easier to set-up than JMeter, for example.

In my opinion, scaling the grid was easier to set-up than Jmeter, for example.

We haven't had any issues with scalability.

I had a strong support during training. The trainer had a very strong lecture about the product, making it easier to use and to understand the core features.

The solution used by my employer was JMeter, mainly because it is open-sourced and a lot of engineers already used it or know how to use it. I found CloudTest to be a solid alternative with a more intuitive design. Use of Amazon cloud is also a strong-point as I see more and more products using the cloud. I sure hope to have the change of using CloudTest more often on one of my projects.

Considering that I have worked in VM environments for quite some time now, setting up was fairly straightforward and easy. Once the VM setup is in place, the rest of the setup is a piece of cake.

Lite
More Akamai CloudTest reviews from users
...who compared it with Apache JMeter
Find out what your peers are saying about Akamai, Micro Focus, Apache and others in Performance Testing Tools. Updated: January 2021.
456,495 professionals have used our research since 2012.