Apache Kafka Review

The product is a distributed system for persistent messaging

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are performance, persistent messaging, and reliability. It allows us to persist the message for a configurable number of days, even after it has been delivered to the consumer. The message delivery is also fast.

How has it helped my organization?

We wanted to track the customer activities on our application and store those details on another system(RDBMS/Apache Hadoop). We do extensive analysis with that. This helps the company to analyze the customer activities, such as search terms, and do better.

What needs improvement?

It’s perfect for our requirements.

I have been using Apache Kafka for two years.

We have had no issues with stability.

We have had no issues with scalability.

We use the open source one, so we did not opt for any technical support.

We started to use Apache Kafka with our application from scratch.

The initial setup was straightforward. We faced some issues during the development in areas such as message producer and consumer. We rectified those with the tweaking the producer and consumer configurations. The documentation is very good.

I don’t have any idea, as we use the open source version.

What other advice do I have?

It's a high-performance distributed system. If you want to track the user activities or any stream processing, then this is perfect. We have used Docker Kafka for our implementation. It's very easy for setup and testing. You could also try the same.

0.8.2.1
More Apache Kafka reviews from users
...who compared it with IBM MQ
Learn what your peers think about Apache Kafka. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.