Apache Kafka Overview
What is Apache Kafka?
Apache Kafka is a distributed streaming platform, with the following capabilities:
- It lets you publish and subscribe to streams of records. In this respect it is similar to a message queue or enterprise messaging system.
- It lets you store streams of records in a fault-tolerant way.
- It lets you process streams of records as they occur.
Apache Kafka gets used for two broad classes of application:
- Building real-time streaming data pipelines that reliably get data between systems or applications.
- Building real-time streaming applications that transform or react to the streams of data.
Apache Kafka Buyer's Guide
Download the Apache Kafka Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021
Apache Kafka CustomersUber, Netflix, Activision, Spotify, Slack, Pinterest
Apache Kafka Video
What users are saying about Apache Kafka pricing:
- "Apache Kafka is an open-source solution and there are no fees, but there are fees associated with confluence, which are based on subscription."
- "The solution is open source; it's free to use."
- "Apache Kafka is open-source and can be used free of charge."
- "Kafka is open-source and it is cheaper than any other product."