AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring Review

With this insight, we get third-party ads to clean up their content.

What is most valuable?

We like being able to actually see how long it actually took. You can look at the back end, and you know how long the server thinks it took, but you really don't know how long to render. We've caught a lot of problems with ads, third-party content and other things, where we were serving up the page in a normal amount of time, but it wasn't rendering right and it was broken for our users. Now we have insight into that. We can raise the alarm, and try to fix it.

We've had a lot of issues with third-party ads. We were able to get them to clean up their act after we could show them the data that it was broken.

How has it helped my organization?

Instead of guessing, we have real data. That's really improved. Instead of saying, "Hey, everybody fire up your browser and see if we can reproduce this issue," we can just look. That's really been helpful.

What needs improvement?

Things mostly work well. I would think maybe more integration; pull things together more; integrate this analytics with this dashboard, with that analytics; and so on. Just kind of tie everything in one spot.

I have not encountered any stability or scalability issues. I'm not sure how many page views we're doing at this point, but we haven't had any issues with it, and it's a lot. It's a lot of page views. I know it is.

We use technical support from time to time; nothing serious, just some questions; things like that. They've always been really responsive; definitely quick in getting you the answer in a timely manner.

I think they also looked at Dynatrace. I guess I know how that went, because here we are, with AppDynamics.

In general, when I’m selecting a vendor to work with, the most important thing I look for is the ability to get the job done and actually perform.

What other advice do I have?

We also use AppDynamics APM, and we use the database monitoring a little bit. We’re definitely happy with them.