AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is #22 ranked solution in APM tools. IT Central Station users give AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring an average rating of 8 out of 10. AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is most commonly compared to Elastic APM:AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring vs Elastic APM. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.
What is AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring?

How do real users experience your browser-based applications? Using browser real-user monitoring follow their journey and optimize their experience with powerful end-to-end performance management that rapidly identifies application issues and relevant business transactions, and dramatically reduces MTTR.

Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring Customers

Sony, DirecTV, UBS, The Container Store, The Neta Porter Group, Nasdaq, Cisco, eHarmony, Hallmark, Overstock, Expedia

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring pricing:
  • "AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring does have licensing cost associated with it."
  • "AppDynamics is more expensive than competitors."
  • "This price of this product is expensive."

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring Reviews

MM
Senior Performance Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
A stable solution to monitor user behavior, but the functionality needs to be improved

• "It is a stable solution that helps address user issues well."
  • "If you have a single URL and all the operations are coming in as part of the header, you will not be able to segregate them for different actions."

What is our primary use case?

It is very useful to monitor user behavior and see the user experience.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us to address issues well. For example, if the application is being used worldwide, it's possible that the application is performing well when accessed from the US but that it has issues when accessed from other countries, such as China. So, AppDynamics can clearly show you which users are having issues when accessing your application, and this helps you address it.

What is most valuable?

It is a stable solution. I have found the features that help me see the user experience to be valuable. For example, it will tell you all the visual screens on the mobile application that a user has been visiting. It will also show you how long they have been visiting this particular screen and all the actions the user has taken on the browser.

We can view the end-user experience and end-user response time. For example, if your application is performing well but the users are still complaining, then you will be able to investigate whether it is a network issue or a connection issue.

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring will give you these types of details. It will tell you from which part of the world your application is being accessed, it will give you the page rendering time, how the page is behaving, and when it is being accessed from different parts of the world.

What needs improvement?

If you have a single URL and all the operations are coming in as part of the header, you will not be able to segregate them for different actions. I think this could be improved.

There are different things which can be achieved using Core Change, but it cannot be easily done using the configuration change on the controller.

Also, functionality could be increased on the End-User Monitoring side.

I have been using this solution for the last five years.

It is stable.

I think that it is scalable.

Their technical support is good, but there's room for improvement. The way the technical support staff handle the user could be improved.

Also, technical support staff could be faster and more knowledgeable. They need staff who are more technical. Most often, they ask a standard set of questions, even if they are not relevant to the particular case that has been raised. This could be changed.

The installation is pretty simple. It is a Core Change. For example, if you have to implement End-User Monitoring for a particular browser application, then you will need to inject the JavaScript Agent on the code. This usually takes about one or two hours.

We implemented it ourselves.

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring does have licensing cost associated with it. We currently have a yearly license.

What other advice do I have?

There are very few products which use End-User Monitoring, and I would rate AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring at seven on a scale from one to ten.

TechOPS Division Manager at Onotio Teknoloji
Enables you to have visibility into your users' journey and has good session monitoring features

• "The most valuable feature is the one that enables you to have visibility into the end-users journey."
  • "AppD is really cool and a unified solution for both APM and APM centric Analytics side. We can show almost all business data within the APM context from the end-user perspetive. But this process is a little bit manual. If they catch and map business journeys based on customer interaction on the browser automatically, it should be really fine."

What is most valuable?

I also like the session monitoring feature.

After 4.4 to 4.5, there were huge improvements in the interface.

What needs improvement?

AppD is really cool and a unified solution for both APM and APM centric Analytics side. We can show almost all business data within the APM context from the end-user perspetive. But this process is a little bit manual. If they catch and map business journeys based on customer interaction on the browser automatically, it should be really fine.

I have been using it for five years.

It's very stable. I have used AppyDyanics for around five years and I installed it for around 100 customers and I never had any issues. It's very stable.

One of the biggest finance companies in Turkey has around 4.5 million end-users. There are around 100,000 users who use their mobile application and there's no negative effect on the controller and customer app side.

I have contacted technical support, level three. We also contacted their development team.

The main difference between this solution and Dynatrace is that Dynatrace uses web server agents. AppDyanmics we don't need to install any agents to collect browser metrics.

Some customers would say that it's hard to deploy the AppyDynamics site but AppDynamics is more flexible and configurable. Most of customer browser apps can crash or facing issue with Automatic injection method which is provided by DT web server agents

We work with around 20 different banks. We deploy the browser solution with manual injection but for some well-known products, we use an automatic injection. We use three different methodologies for the deployment injection because we have big customers.

The initial setup is very easy, not complex.

We currently only count the pages. We measured around 10 million pages in a year which is equal to one agent, one license. But nowadays a single page application is very popular. So AppDynamics has some kind of iframe where we counted 50 million pages which we can say equals one agent, one license.

It could be a disadvantage between this and Dynatrace because it has session-based counting. It gives the customers an advantage.

What other advice do I have?

You should focus on the simplicity. Products should be simple and flexible. AppDyanamics is flexible to configure a user's monitoring site. If you want it to be plug and play, then you should go with Dynatrace or New Relic but if you want a flexible solution with good configuration options with "Business IQ" then go with AppDynamics. You can measure the business data at the beginning of the end-user transaction.

I would rate it a nine out of ten. No solution is perfect. It has room for improvement. Every product needs to improve

Find out what your peers are saying about AppDynamics, ITRS, Elastic and others in Application Performance Management (APM). Updated: November 2021.
554,676 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Bharath Babu Kasimsetty
Sr. Manager Digital & Technology at CBRE Group, Inc.
Provides end-user visibility, assists with troubleshooting problems, and they have good technical support

• "The most valuable feature is that we can see how our end-users are interacting with our application across regions."
  • "I would like to have customizable dashboards to use when I am monitoring certain applications."

What is our primary use case?

We use AppDynamics for end-to-end monitoring solutions. Our organization is a crowd BPO and we have deployments in 128 countries.

How has it helped my organization?

We recently integrated with Azure Cloud and AWS CloudWatch. They have been designing their applications such that they require a lot of resources including CPU and memory. Using AppDynamics, we have been able to monitor what is happening using fantastic metrics that it provides. We have then been able to identify the root cause of problems.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that we can see how our end-users are interacting with our application across regions. We develop applications for Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer. We do not recommend people develop applications for Firefox.

There are a lot of plugins available.

What needs improvement?

Aternity is a better solution for internet monitoring, so that is an area that could be improved.

I would like to have customizable dashboards to use when I am monitoring certain applications. For example, AppDynamics does not need Power BI-related dashboards because it already supports such functionality. However, I would like to be able to include nicer gadgets or graphs, or perhaps more annotation.

I have been working with AppDynamics for approximately 15 years.

We have 30 to 40 or more applications running in AppDynamics right now, and we are expecting another 30 to 50 to be added in the next six months. This expected increase is the reason that we are evaluating other applications.

We have licensed technical support with AppDynamics and they are really good.

My organization uses both AppDynamics and Aternity. AppDynamics and DynaTrace have higher ratings than Aternity; however, from a cost-optimization perspective, Aternity is better. It provides all of the APM features that the other tools are providing.

AppDynamics is more expensive than competitors.

As we continue to evaluate new products, those by New Relic will be ones that we look at.

What other advice do I have?

I am a big fan of AppDynamics and it is a product I recommend.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

SJ
User at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
A stable solution for providing insight into performance

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and AppDynamics is one of the products that we sell to our customers. Our customers use it to gain insight into performance.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the end-user monitoring.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for mobile testing and mobile monitoring. The cost is something that can be improved.

We have been working with AppDynamics for almost 10 years.

We have not had any issues with stability.

Scalability has not been a problem.

We provide in-house technical support for our…

What is our primary use case?

Our customers use it to gain insight into performance.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the end-user monitoring.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for mobile testing and mobile monitoring.

The cost is something that can be improved.

We have been working with AppDynamics for almost 10 years.

We have not had any issues with stability.

Scalability has not been a problem.

We provide in-house technical support for our clients. We have found that AppDynamics is pretty selective when it comes to providing technical support.

The initial setup is not very straightforward, so it takes some time to complete.

Implementing this solution will require some help.

This price of this product is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

Some of our customers are making the transition to cloud-based deployment, which is something that we are helping them with.

Overall, this is a good product and it is one of our top recommendations.

Download our free Application Performance Management (APM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about AppDynamics, ITRS, Elastic, and more!