AppDynamics Database Monitoring Review

Fast and stable monitoring for effective issue resolution but needs networking monitoring functionality

What is our primary use case?

We use the product for enterprise-level monitoring, everything from application to database monitoring. The product will tell you everything. It will show you at the code level where the issue is. For example, the solution will analyze a database and it will tell you which of the CPUs are taking more time to execute, showing exactly where the issue is.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed us to find issues fast and resolve them.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful to have a dashboard and artificial intelligence for error detection and correlation for future releases.

I have been using the product for six years.

It is a stable product in my experience.

Their support is really good.

The setup was straightforward. It is easy to install, it took about half an hour.

We deployed the solution ourselves. We used one technical person to analyze the solution for deployment but then we did not need any technical assistance afterwards, it is pretty straight forward to understand.

The networking monitor function could be better, we are not getting many details from it.

What other advice do I have?

It is easy to use and not difficult to configure. I would definitely recommend the solution, I have been working with it for the last five to six years. It's a really good product.

I rate AppDynamics Database Monitoring a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Latest version
More AppDynamics Database Monitoring reviews from users
...who compared it with Dynatrace
Learn what your peers think about AppDynamics Database Monitoring. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.