ARCON Privileged Access Management Review

Gives you all the features in a very cost-effective solution

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for privileged identity management. We are an ARCON partner and nowadays, in the industry, every customer is asking about a PAM product.

What is most valuable?

We are using all the features. My favorite is Passive Mode.

What needs improvement?

When the ARCON product was not on the mark - we got this account six years back - we gave all the requirements to them and they took our requirements as a positive, and built all the features we wanted, because we are supporting multiple customers. Now I see the product is ready, it has all the features, it meets all the requirements.

We have given them a few more requirements like SSH keys, or to have the risk factors. They are working on those, they are in the development stage.

Also, they they should focus on support. The support needs to be very strong. Since the product is becoming stronger, their support team also should be equally strong. They should respond to open queries within the time limit they have set. Their support team should be more technical, to understand the issue or the set up.

More than five years.

It is a very stable product.

It is scalable.

I would rate tech support about five or six out of 10.

It is straightforward.

ARCON will give you all the features in a very cost-effective solution.

Pricing and licensing is very good compared to other players in the market. This product is from an India-based company. I feel it is also very effective.

I have evaluated other players: CyberArk, CA, Unisys, but they are all complex and costly.

What other advice do I have?

Arcon fits the requirements, at a small cost.

In terms of advice, I would first check with you what your requirements are and what budget you're looking at. Budget varies but requirements are the most important. If your requirements match this product... Whenever any customer comes to us, we first check if ARCON meets their requirements. If ARCON doesn't meet their requirements then we recommend another product.

I would rate this product at eight out of 10. There are still a lot of improvements which we have suggested to them, they will probably be available within the next three or four months.