ArcSight Analytics Review

Not easy to use and requires notable training, but integrates well with other products

What is our primary use case?

We use it as a SIEM. We're using the enterprise edition.

How has it helped my organization?

We have seen a measurable decrease in the mean time to detect and respond to threats. It has also definitely added to what our customer had. We are integrating a lot of tools for one of our customers and it has really helped to improve their current security posture.

What is most valuable?

The data collection and the integration with different products are valuable features.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see some advanced analytics.

The solution is scalable but it is not easy to use.

Technical support is average.

We did not switch. This is the first time we have done such an installation.

The initial setup was complex.

The monthly licensing fee is around $20,000. There aren't any costs in addition to the standard licensing fee.

We looked at Splunk and HelpSystems. There were a few more vendors but I don't recollect all their names. Because of the number of integrations that ArcSight has, it was more applicable to our use case.

What other advice do I have?

You can use this solution for limited use cases. But for more advanced use cases, there are other solutions which are better than ArcSight.

I would rate this solution at five out of ten because of the complexity in maintaining it and managing it. It's not easy to use. It requires a lot of training. It needs better technical support and help with onboarding.