Aruba Networks Wireless WAN Review
Ease of installation leads to cost savings

What is most valuable?

Ease of installation.

How has it helped my organization?

We've got a remote site. We can only ship an access point to them and a zero touch provisioning, so we don't need an IT person on the other side. This saves us a lot of money.

What needs improvement?

The management software. The graphical user interface could do with some improvement, a bit of decluttering.

Three years.

No, not at all. It's very stable. The benefit of Aruba over Meraki is that even with the management software (subscription based) if you don't pay your subscription, the software still work. It's good that the wireless access points still work, unlike with Meraki.

Yeah, it's normal. The instant access points without a controller, scales to about 90 access points. If you want beyond that, then you can use the same access points, then add a controller.

We have not called as we've got in-house capabilities.

We used HPE MSM. HPE replaced that with Aruba, and that's why we followed.

No, it was very easy. Very straightforward.

Our most recent installation was for a school and included 91 instant access points with five floors.

Yeah. We looked at Meraki.

What other advice do I have?

They need to look at the scalability. How easy it is to set up for them, because there are actual software features that you get with Aruba that you don't get with the other vendors like location aware and guest access management. Those are the kind of things that Aruba does much better than the likes of Meraki. On top of that, Ruckus, as a company, is not that stable because they've been bought and sold about two or three in the last few years.

1 Comment

Atholl WilkinsonUser

We have an HPE MSM 720 which is now EOL and are looking at installing a new wireless system. One of those we are investigating to replace our existing kit is Aruba.

19 December 17