AutoSys Workload Automation Review

Configuration and integration with SAP is great; lacking in reporting and notifications

What is our primary use case?

In our organization we have more than 30,000 automations we are running in this product. From an admin perspective, we have around seven to eight people working with the solution, managing it and dealing with the volume. We are a customer of AutoSys and I'm a company manager.

What is most valuable?

I think one of the valuable features of AutoSys is the easy configuration and integration of this tool with SAP. It's a critical part of managing the solution. In terms of the basic functionality, I found this to be a really excellent tool to work with. There are minimal issues and minimal maintenance.

What needs improvement?

Support definitely needs improvement. It's possible they're in some kind of transition so I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt but it's an issue. The pricing is definitely something they should look at, it's quite expensive. Finally, the latest features like the quick searching or better reporting and analysis of the jobs which are running in, needs to be improved. It's a great product but with the latest feature set there is a large scope for improvement.

From a manageability point of view, the easy upgrade should be included and the frequent feature update too. Reporting and notifications need to be improved too, these are important things.

We've been using this product since 2008, so close to 12 years.

Stability of the product is excellent, I'd give a very high score to that.

I'll have to reserve judgment on scalability for now.

The technical support could be improved.

The initial setup is complex, it's not really easy to install this tool from scratch. We have improved in that area over the period of time we've been using the solution. Not all features were available from day one but over time, as new progressive things have come up in the later versions, we started implementing them. From the implementation point of view, it's a little difficult. Even the upgrades of AutoSys are not really simple. It needs to be planned and requires significant down time if you have a large set up. An upgrade can be done within seven to eight hours, but from a planning perspective, you have to work for at least four to five months.

What other advice do I have?

AutoSys is out of line with the latest trends of the IT industry, like the quick searching and things like that. It requires special skills which you have to develop in your team in order to manage it. That said, it's an excellent product and will give you the functionalities that you need.

I would rate this solution a six out of 10.

More AutoSys Workload Automation reviews from users