AutoSys Workload Automation Review

Scalable, fast, easy to use and always available

What is our primary use case?

In our case, it's just managing the day and night jobs of banks because we are supporting several banks in Europe.

The company I'm working for is an outsourcing company who provides solutions for customers. We host their complete environment.

What is most valuable?

The features that I have found most valuable with AutoSys are that it is scalable, easy to use, fast, and always available. That's very important because if it's not steady then it's a real problem. So, at this point, we are satisfied with it.

What needs improvement?

If you do not need the latest features like cloud and compare, I would really advise using AutoSys. For future technologies, I cannot answer the question yet.

In terms of what should be in the next release, I want integration and AI and so on. I'd like easy reporting where you can compare information, for example, "that job normally takes three minutes and last time it took six minutes or 10 minutes." Then you can get the information to the engineer of which job is taking more time than normal - understanding strange behavior compared to the baseline.

I have been using AutoSys Workload Automation for nine years.

We are not using the latest version. We are planning a migration towards the latest version or a migration to another tool. Most likely, because of the lifetime of the environment that has to be supported, we will probably migrate to the latest version because it's often easier if you stay with the same product.

We have several customers at this moment and AutoSys is used by one bank. In fact, it's not like real end-users are touching the tool. It is doing its job during the night and it is only for one application including the bank application, so it's not connected to its final end users, so you scale all the toolings which are available in the bank environment. We only focus on the core banking.

The technical support is very good. If you open a case, the support is really sufficient.

AutoSys Workload Automation is really easy to install. You can install the server and an agent in about 10 minutes. It takes the agent on five clicks. Even if you have many agents to install during installation, you can pick that very easily and you also can deploy it fairly easily. In terms of the deployment, it's a nice solution.

Normally you can do it by yourself unless you're running into situations where the newest version is working slightly differently than the previous version. Sometimes you need to adopt some parameters, but they provide you sufficient support for that. The deployment can be done by one guy. One system engineer can handle the job.

AutoSys Workload Automation has a yearly subscription.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, for the part that we are currently using, I can give AutoSys Workload Automation an eight.

I would recommend this product for other users who want to start using it depending on their needs. I'm still investigating what the new version provides in the future, based on technology, so it is difficult to answer that question.

More AutoSys Workload Automation reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about AutoSys Workload Automation. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.