Azure Data Factory Review

Very stable, a friendly user interface and easy to set up

What is most valuable?

The user interface is very good. It makes me feel very comfortable when I am using the tool.

What needs improvement?

The solution could use some merge statements.

The solution should offer better integration with Azure machine learning. We should be able to embed the cognitive services from Microsoft, for example as a web API. It should allow us to embed Azure machine learning in a more user-friendly way.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution is scalable.

We've been satisfied with the level of technical support we've received.

The initial setup is very straightforward. The only thing which we had to consider at the beginning was the gateway for the on-premises environment. Otherwise, it's very easy.

What other advice do I have?

We use both the on-premises and cloud deployment models. We typically work with enterprise-level companies.

Azure Data Factory is pretty good but should be considered as an orchestrator, not as an integrated tool. We can use some building components in that tool to orchestrate the entire workflow but if we are thinking about more details, processing, or data modification during the flow, we'd have to consider Azure Databricks or Data Flow for making those calculations or changes. Users will need Azure Data Factory plus third party tools to reach that level of functionally.

I would recommend using Data Factory. I don't have a lot of experience with integration or with integration services, for example, SQL server integration services. However, there are points that should be considered if you are already using SQL server integration services already. You can implement the packages already prepared in Azure Data Factory. It's something that needs to be considered when deciding which technology you are going to use.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More Azure Data Factory reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with SSIS
Learn what your peers think about Azure Data Factory. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.