Azure Data Factory Review

Helps integrate complex data needs and is easy to use

What is our primary use case?

The use cases are more related to logistics, our finance, and back-office activity.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable part of this product is the ease of use. It is easy to use and rather intuitive. Because it is easy to use, you can do things with it easily. The more things make your work easy, the more valuable they are.

What needs improvement?

Because I have not really done a really deep benchmark against competitors, I may not be familiar enough with the potential of competing products and capabilities to be able able to say what is missing or should be improved definitively.

From my perspective, the pricing seems like it could be more user-friendly. Of course, nothing is ever as inexpensive as you want.

Perhaps one good additional feature would be incorporating more ways to import and export data. It would be nice to have the product fit our service orchestration platform better to make the transfer more fluid.

We started using this product a year ago.

The stability of the product is good.

The scalability seems okay. As we have only been using it for a short time, it is hard to say more. We are not currently planning to scale usage dramatically at this point but of course we would like to grow. On a scale from one to ten and from what I know, I would say scalability is an eight-out-of-ten. I can't be sure exactly how many people are using the system, but we have hundreds of thousands of users currently. Internally, I would say we use the product often.

I have not had a reason to be in touch with technical support, but I don't know whether others in the organization have been in touch with them. As far as I know, there has been no reason to be.

The initial setup was not simple and it was not complex. It was in the middle.

I would say it took two months for the deployment.

We have a department of developers that implemented the product. The deployment happened before I joined the organization.

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would give to someone who is looking to implement this product is to understand the IT technology of the product first and why it would be needed. That is the point where you have to start. Next, you have to understand if the product itself fits your organizational needs. That is you have to look at the business requirements and see whether the product really fits the organization and solves the problems while conforming to the business model.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate the product overall as an eight-out-of-ten.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer:
More Azure Data Factory reviews from users
...who work at a Insurance Company
...who compared it with SSIS
Learn what your peers think about Azure Data Factory. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,209 professionals have used our research since 2012.