BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Review

Helps design blueprints in a cloud environment but the support is a major problem

What is our primary use case?

Our use cases are related to IaaS and PaaS solutions. It's primarily used by DevOps, they use the PaaS solution to implement IBM WebSphere and they want to use the interface for issuing the deployment. They use the CLM platform to implement their DevOps process. CLM is only a part of the project, we have also used Orchestrator and Remedy for workflow process in terms of deployment and release.

We had this project a year ago. My colleagues are on the customer-side to implement new use cases. They only do the maintenance of the infrastructure and implement a process for DevOps. We have stopped the cloud platform at the moment because of BMC, they don't invest anymore on CLM platforms. The customer has asked for a new platform.

What is most valuable?

CLM has a multi-cloud portal because they have the resources to implement in various environments in various ports. It could be used for when you design a blueprint in a cloud environment. Other solutions don't have the capacity to implement a blueprint based on resources that could be run in Azure or in AWS. It's not the same, and it isn't implemented in the same way.

I need to implement a solution, for example, on a server on a LAN. It doesn't matter if it runs on Azure, or in AWS, or in Google, or in my site. And this is a major benefit that CLM has. I think that is the most valuable aspect of this solution.

What needs improvement?

One of the major problems is that support is not so good. I used to have a support expert in Spain but they left two years ago. BMC doesn't invest a lot in network automation but network automation is a major point in CLM. There aren't any experts here in Europe, maybe they have in America, I don't know. The main problem is the support in Europe.

We had a lot of problems with the people who got put on our cases. The agents that we were assigned to were not so capable. They wanted to replicate the problem. If you have an incident, it takes a lot of time to troubleshoot the problem. The incident support is not so good. The technicians don't know the platform well. BMC doesn't want to invest in CLM.

Two years ago we had a lot of problems. Maybe BMC realized that CLM is an end of life product.

We have been using BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management for three years.

We have also used the automation solution by BMC.

I don't know if Network Automation is a good solution. It's good enough with CLM but I don't like it very much.

BMC Orchestrator is a good solution. We currently use it for our customers. We also use Remedy.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten. Not a ten because of the support problems we've experienced. Also, the roadmap for this solution is not clear. I don't know if BMC can support me in the future.

Private Cloud
Find out what your peers are saying about BMC, VMware, Oracle and others in Cloud Management. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.