Broadcom DX Application Performance Management Review

It offers proactive prevention of problems due to alerting and historical trend analysis.

What is most valuable?

• Quick triage of problems without finger pointing
  • Proactive preventing of problems due to alerting and historical trend analysis
  • Acceptable performance overhead in production environment
  • Very flexible and extendable monitoring in accordance to business needs, possibility to instrument self-written frameworks, dynamic BCI (byte code instrumentation)
  • Tacing of transactions accelerates the triage time
  • Easy to install and to configure

How has it helped my organization?

We have reduced the triage times and don’t need long lasting analysis any more. It is one of the reasons we could improve and accelerate our development and operations procedures.

We don’t have performance bottlenecks or leaks in production any more. We act proactively to prevent their occurrence.

The main analysis is performed in a QA environment. We can eliminate the majority of problems concerning wrong configuration or capacity planning and even code errors before they go into production. We’re continuously working on improvement of our development and operations and Introscope helps us on this way.

What needs improvement?

• Automation of monitoring configuration for all applications
  • Differential analysis

We've been using it for eight years, since 2008.

We didn’t have any performance problems or downtime with the tool.

This isn't an issue as it's possible to configure Introscope Enterprise Manager as a distributed high available cluster environment.

It's good to very good.

We switched to Introscope because of bad usability of our previous solution and its very restricted features. The price vs. service proportion was better on this product.

It was straightforward.

I’m responsible for technical solution, but not for account management. In my opinion the right investments return the favour.

We evaluated three products using our list of criteria. We performed proof of concepts for each of these products and discussed the choice in our team. I would not like to mention which products didn’t match our criteria, just that Introscope was the best one we could choose.

What other advice do I have?

Involve not only operations, but also development teams in order to get the best possible visibility in your applications’ performance.

9.5
More Broadcom DX Application Performance Management reviews from users
...who compared it with Dynatrace
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Dynatrace, AppDynamics and others in Application Performance Management (APM). Updated: April 2021.
475,291 professionals have used our research since 2012.