Broadcom DX Application Performance Management Review

The valuable features are detailed alert settings and tree-structure tracing. Deep dive analysis and performance need improvement.

What is most valuable?

Detailed alert settings give more control on when they should or should not appear.

The tree-structure tracing shows where we are spending the most time in a call-by-call sequence. But the tracing capabilities of other APM tools are more advanced than CA.

How has it helped my organization?

APM tools are essential for finding performance bottlenecks and pervasive issues. It gives a high level point of view on where there is a problem. This tool, in particular, is not as good at deep dive analysis. Newer versions, like 10.5 with AXA, Dynatrace, and AppDynamics may be better at going deeper into root-cause analysis.

What needs improvement?

Deep dive analysis and performance need improvement. Introscope scalability performance lags behind for our team, which looks after 3,000 JVMs and millions of metrics.

I have used this product for a half a year.

The product is stable most of the time. However, like any software out there, there are bugs. Few crashes have been experienced, but incorrect metrics and improper collector behaviours have been observed.

We have had scalability issues. Performance slows down with the number of JVMs our team supports.

I would give technical support a rating of 7/10. Few people are available to support the product. However, good, proper attention is given to urgent matters.

We didn’t have a previous solution.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

This is out of my scope.

Other alternatives are being actively considered.

More Broadcom DX Application Performance Management reviews from users
...who compared it with Dynatrace
Learn what your peers think about Broadcom DX Application Performance Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.