BrowserStack Review

It has support for the automation of web applications designed with Selenium and Java.

Valuable Features:

The product support for different OS and mobile devices is awesome. Most importantly, it has support for Automation of web application designed with Selenium and Java. With few configuration set up , we can able to execute automation scripts without any difficulty.

Improvements to My Organization:

We are in the process of execution of our Automation scripts on different OS and devices. BrowserStack has given us an opportunity to validate on different mobile devices versions without much difficulty.

Room for Improvement:

Though, it has great build in functions and support , we found there is a room for improvement mainly.

The real challenges I noticed when I ran few tests with Test NG :

• Unable to see the remote view while testing on real iOS devices - when we run the automation scripts, we do not see the real execution on mobile devices in a snapshot view but at the moment we only see text and visual logs for these devices.
  • File upload to run tests on mobile devices (real iOS devices, iOS simulators (iPhoneDriver) - upload a local file from local machine while executing the test. This functionality is only supported on the desktop browsers.
  • BrowserStack does not support file upload for automation - the WebDriver used to run tests on mobile devices (real iOS devices in beta (Appium), iOS simulators (iPhoneDriver) and Android emulators (AndroidDriver)) do not support this feature. Thus, we are not be able to test file uploads on mobile devices.

Other Advice:

I would advise you to try the product using the trial version and validate your functionality with different devices to check the set-up time, stability and in built functions support.

1 visitor found this review helpful
4 Comments
Don IngersonConsultantELITE SQUADTOP 5

I see lots of reviews mentioning Selenium and BrowserStack. Is there any information about compatibility with HP UFT and BrowserStack?

09 January 17
Arif AhmedReal UserTOP 5

I tried this application in one NYC Agency. This app works overall fine for Public facing web sites . Great support of devices.

27 July 17
Arif AhmedReal UserTOP 5

HI Don, As of now Browserstack supports selenium for compatibility . As HP UFT have mobile center for mobile testing , didn't find any integration toward Browser Stack

27 July 17
Don IngersonConsultantELITE SQUADTOP 5

Arif,
Thank you for the clarification.
Regards,