CA Agile Central Review

Facilitates recording user stories and tracking burndown, velocity, and defects

What is our primary use case?

We use Agile Central to record all our user stories, features, and then to track down the burndown, velocity, defects.

How has it helped my organization?

My launch. How soon or how fast can I go to production, is what this helps me design.

What is most valuable?

From a solution perspective ,we use the Burndown to see whether the velocity for the entire sprint is okay or not. Am I going, did I pass? Do I need to prioritize? How many impediments do I have? What does my backlog look like? Have I taken up enough in that given sprint? Will I be able to deliver all that? It helps me track that down.

What needs improvement?

Primarily, producing more meaningful dashboards is what we have given to them, saying "customizable."

Customized reporting, so that rather than going to them, if I can produce my own UI, that would be meaningful.

The solution is stable.

Scalability is good. Based on what we have done so far, it is scalable. No problems faced so far.

We have a solution group as well, Testing Services within our organization. If we are looking for any modification within the tool, we can go to them saying, "Okay, when the tool came in it had a particular layout of, say, 100 fields. But based on my requirements, I want to improvise that, I don't need them. Eighty fields are good, but the remaining 20 fields I want to change over to this, make it more meaningful, more for my own organization. Customization.

So when we go to the Testing Services group, they take their time to have it implemented on Agile Central and then we pull a report. For example, the Defect Dashboard. Now, the Defect Dashboard came with some basic things. My anticipation regarding the Defect Dashboard is, I need to see more details, like what was the root cause, sub-root cause. I track it down to that level. So that customization we can easily do. That makes it helpful.

As I said, we have a Testing Services group, so we just give our requirements to them. If they needed to contact CA for any sort of modifications the would have done that. We don't know.

We don't directly interact with the CA technical team. We talk to our technical team and they might internally talk to them.

What we used to do in, say, HPE Quality Center, is now getting done Agile Central.