CA Agile Central Review

We can work better and at a higher quality, than we were able to before

Video Review:

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our ability to focus on less work, but do that work better and at a higher quality, than we were able to before.

What is most valuable?

The main value that we get out of Agile Central is the transparency it allows us to provide, both from the team level all the way through the executive level within the company and the work that we are doing.

What needs improvement?

We have been talking about improvements in the quality section of Agile Central. The quality section does allow you to do test cases and test sets, and all these things, but it does not integrate very well with the portfolio and feature side, which causes some challenges.

We have not had any issues.

We have had no scaling issues with Agile Central. We have worked anywhere from a couple of teams up to about 15 to 20 teams on Agile Central.

Technical support is very good, considering we have very rarely had to use it. The product has been very stable for us. We have not had a lot of technical support issues even to reach out and ask about.

The upgrades are very simple and straightforward. They generally get pushed out, and you choose whether or not you want to accept that upgrade early, or whether you are going to wait for the general release.

As far as the initial setup, it can be challenging. There are a lot of options. There is a lot of configuration. There are a lot of decisions that you have to make on how you want Agile Central to work for your company. Those decisions can impact your flexibility in the future. With the initial setup, there is some thought that really needs to go into how you want to do it.

What other advice do I have?

I would give it probably in the seven to eight range. In order to improve beyond that, I think there would need to be some simplification. The team-level side can be challenging and complicated. However, its ability to scale to portfolio and executive-level solutions really drives it up to that seven to eight score. It is something that I don't think there is a lot of other projects out there that allow you to take that from a team to an executive-level view.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: First and foremost, we are buying a product, but we are buying also the people and support. Probably the best thing we have had with Agile Central is not only the tool, but the people that support that tool, and the relationships we have been able to build there in order for us to further our Agile journey.

1 visitor found this review helpful