CA APM Review

Part of our organization uses HP BAC Insight. We decided to switch to CA APM in part because of its better support.

Valuable Features

The CA APM Introscope part is a must. We use is it as well in pre-production for deep dive diagnostics and in production to get a good follow up of application performances.

Improvements to My Organization

We had for several applications performance issues. With Introscope we were in many cases able to pin-point the bottleneck(s) and debrief it to the dev organization to improve their applications.

Room for Improvement

Faster deployments, in the form of a SAAS solution to support better POC’s.

Use of Solution

1.5 years

Yes. Our first project was to get more visibility of our ‘Intranet solution’ based on WebSphere Portal. We tried to use CA APM CEM to get an understanding of the application performance around the globe. We needed extra code enrichments as CEM was not able to cope with dynamic URL’s.

No issues encountered.

CEM needs good follow up as it collects big amounts of data. Close follow up is needed for critical parameters. But you can easy scale up.

Very high. We were able to work with a very high skilled service force.

Medium level. Issue were so complex that first line couldn’t help.

Yes. Part of the organization uses HP BAC Insight. We switched to CA APM as HP support was not TOP and a new direction was chosen at the corporate level.

Setup of the solution was straight forward, but our first application was to complex and therefor the first initiative failed.

Implementation Team

We did the implementation together with the vendor team. It was very useful to work together.

Other Solutions Considered

I was not involved in the selection process, but I know they also looked into the Compuware solution.

Other Advice

If you are new to the domain then I propose to start with a simple application in a SAAS approach.