CA APM Review

We're able to go deep into the actual instances that are occurring. It would be nice to be able to go even deeper, down to the source code at the exceptions level.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature for us with APM is the depth to which you can go into the actual instances that are occurring. So, whether it's SQL or the Java agent, you're able to get really deep information.

Improvements to My Organization

We're just now adopting APM, but we anticipate that it'll be very helpful with level-3 and level-4 triage.

Room for Improvement

I'd like to see more source code at the exceptions level. I'd like to be able to get down to the actual code-class file and know what the issues are there. With APM, we stop at just a hair above that, but to be able to get down to that specific level would be nice. I'd like to be able to get that granular.

We've had no issues with deployment.

We've had some challenges in the integration with the agent. It's had some conflicts from a Java-server perspective, but outside of that it's been very stable.

No scalability issues so far. That's been fine.

I don't use tech support for anything. We have our own internal team.

I wasn't involved in the setup.

Other Advice

Take a look at what you're using it for because it's not for every application.

Free Trial

No credit card required. It's easy and free for 30 days.