CA APM Review

We use it for determining performance bottlenecks in our Java-based applications, providing us with performance metrics. We can't, however, perform a drill-down analysis into the actual code.

What is most valuable?

It gives us the overall capacity measurement for our current environment.

We're able to determine where there are bottlenecks in our system. To some extent, we're also able to see what might be causing some of these issues.

We are also using the tool for determining performance bottlenecks in our Java-based applications. It provides us with performance metrics.

What needs improvement?

It provides access to problems, but not to the problem analysis. You cannot track the problem to the root cause. For example, you can see that the applications have a performance bottleneck, but you can't perform a drill-down analysis into the actual code of the problem.

Also, it doesn't provide dynamic analysis. This may be OK for mainframe customers, but for those with distributed systems, DynaTrace may be the better solution.

I have to test it from version to version first before we implement to make sure it can perform for us.

Setup for a limited scope is easy, but it's difficult for a wider scope, in which case you need a longer deployment time. We have a mainframe-oriented system, so we can scope the old activity to the mainframe. but if we were fully distributed, it's a little bit complicated because we'd have more than 100 servers.

Free Trial

No credit card required. It's easy and free for 30 days.