CA APM Review

Deep-process instrumentation helps us understand application process performance.

How has it helped my organization?

Application teams gained visibility into application performance. CA APM improved our ability to troubleshoot application issues and shorten resolution time.

What is most valuable?

The deep-process instrumentation gave us an opportunity to understand application process performance in detail.

What needs improvement?

We are using an old version of the product and I see a lot of improvements in the new release: better interface, and the ability to run predictive analytics.

The infrastructure is stable and scalable to the recommended capacity.

Customer service and technical support are very good.

We chose the CA APM solution several years ago for the set of features and the stability of the company behind the product.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We had a POC with the vendor before the implementation. That helped with better understanding of what to expect from the tool and the tool implementation.

It is difficult to measure ROI for the implementation. We has an ELA with unlimited licensing.

What other advice do I have?

CA APM is a good product and I would recommend it. It might be specific to our company, but adoption by the application development community was not easy. I would recommend a dedicated team of APM SEMs to champion the APM implementation effort.