CA APM Review

CEM helps us manage end-user response and reliability.

What is most valuable?

• CEM helps us to deliver faster responses, and manage the end users’ response and reliability.
  • Introscope helps our application team proactively identify and resolve problems fast. It helps reduce application downtime and improve application development based on the real-user experience.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us to meet business transactions SLA for our critical end-user applications; proactively identify the issue and helps the application team make its diagnosis before it impacts the end-user experience.

What needs improvement?

CA APM currently only supports Java- and .NET-based applications. Pega application metrics should be included in CA APM. It should also support non-Java and non-.NET applications, such as SAP, etc.

I have used it for seven years.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support is 7/10. It needs to be more proactive. Sometimes, it takes a long time for them to provide solutions.

We previously used IBM Tivoli and BMC products.

Initial setup was straightforward.

Before choosing this product, we evaluated other vendors, e.g., HPE SiteScope, and SolarWinds WPM/TraceView.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend adequate server sizing and capacity to avoid HTTP/HTTPS packet drops and performance issues.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a strategic advisor and partner.
Free Trial

No credit card required. It's easy and free for 30 days.