CA APM Review

Some of the valuable features are Experience View and Assisted Triage and Analysis Notebook.

What is most valuable?

• Experience View: Provides a business-focused view. It answers the key question as to what is the customer experience, with a minimal amount of work required.
  • Assisted Triage and Analysis Notebook: Answers the question as to why the experience is poor, without having to do all the manual digging around.

How has it helped my organization?

With Experience View, our operation team has all the required information in regards to the health and quality of transactions and applications. Thus, in turn, it improves collaboration and reduces the MTTR. It doesn’t require an expert to identify the RCA.

What needs improvement?

It needs to work on the mobility and the digital aspects, as they are currently getting merged in today’s scenario.

I have been using this solution for the past five years.

There were no stability issues, i.e., not with its current features.

We did experience some scalability issues, i.e., only at the mobility experience monitoring end.

I would give technical support a rating of 9/10.

AppDynamics and Dynatrace are equally good solutions.

The initial setup is straightforward. With the default dashboard and differential analysis, there is no need to configure static threshold. It starts to deliver the greater value to the customer from day one.

We are MSP partners, so we have been delivering the best licensing options for our own customers.

We looked at other solutions, namely AppDynamics and Dynatrace.

What other advice do I have?

• Delivers an easy, proactive, intelligent, and collaborative (EPIC) solution
  • Helps to deliver a flawless user experience
  • Has end-to-end application monitoring coverage, i.e., from mobile to mainframe
  • Available in the SaaS version
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We have CA's Partner Account. Being a partner, we have the advantage to leverage CA resources for demos, technical help and to build joint solution offerings. We do have access to CA Partner Experience portal, where we can go for free web-based training (WBT), use sales kit for pre-sales etc.
Free Trial

No credit card required. It's easy and free for 30 days.