CA Identity Suite [EOL] Review

When a new person starts work on their first day, it allows us to give them access to the system right away.

Valuable Features

My favorite feature of the suite is, of course, the provisioning aspect of it. It allows you to provision accounts within minutes instead of waiting weeks. That's a huge benefit for business at the end of the day, so that you can get your workers up and running in a timely fashion.

We use it for password resets as well. A user no longer has to call the help desk for a password reset since they can do it on their own time. They're not waiting on the phone for a long time because they can reset their password right away and continue with their day.

We also use Identity Governance for access verifications. We no longer have a paper process of going around to each manager and have them sign off. It's a real comprehensive way of ensuring that controls are in place and their access is certified on a timely basis.

Improvements to My Organization

We put people to work every single day. When a person starts on their first day, they don't want to wait weeks to actually start working. It's very unproductive for that person to wait weeks in order to do their job. In order for them to be beneficial, we need to get to their access right away. That's how Identity Suite is very beneficial.

Room for Improvement

We recently implemented it and are still kind of playing around with it. We're still trying to get used to it.

However, although it's a lot easier than some other tools that we've worked with, we always want more training. We had CA provide that for us, but some of the trainers went to quickly and didn't provide enough use-case scenarios for us. We really would have liked for them to slow down a bit.

Use of Solution

We implemented it 6-8 months ago.

We haven't had any issues with deployment.

It's extremely stable.

We have around 8,000 users. As far as I can see, it's extremely scalable. We put it through its paces during testing when we went from 8,000 to 20,000. There's really no issues with scaling that we've seen.

We have a service vendor. If we have any issues, they'll engage CA technical support.

Other Solutions Considered

We were comparing it to Oracle, IBM, and Microsoft. We chose this because it was extremely more intuitive than the other products. We could definitely see ourselves having less of a learning curve of getting to know this product, and establishing expertise on this product, than the other products. They were a lot cloggier, a lot more limited in their capabilities.

Other Advice

I'd rate it pretty high. I like all of its features, and then coming here to CA World, it's exciting to see the new capabilities that they're going to be tagging to this new tool.

As far advice goes, I'd say, definitely do your homework. Realize the things that you want to do, that you want to accomplish, and what the business wants to accomplish as well. See if this tool really fits that need.