CA Identity Suite [EOL] Review

The Virtual Appliance means implementation is much faster, more flexible

What is our primary use case?

I implement the solution for different kinds of customers, from banks to retail. I design the solution according to the use case and implement the entire solution for the customer.

Now, with the Virtual Appliance experience, it's much easier for us as consultants, as implementors. In the past, the implementation of every model separately was very difficult.

How has it helped my organization?

For our customers provisioning of different users and different systems is easier. That is really the key value for them.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the speed of implementation. Now with the Virtual Appliance, it's much faster. In the past, to implement this kind of solution, it would take so many weeks. Now, it takes one day, or minutes, and we have the deployment ready.

The security has been improved.

The customization of the user experience and the scheme of the solution is very easy.

What needs improvement?

I would like synchronization when a mapping is added between end points. Currently, the synchronization is not complete. It would be great if this synchronization happened immediately.

Also, some kind of personalization of the user interface, for us as implementors; the possibility of branding.

And more flexibility with the features.

The product is much much more stable than previous versions. With the Virtual Appliance it has improved a lot.

At this time there are still some issues though, related to performance with boot logger; there are some issues with performance. But we are working with support to resolve them.

With the Virtual Appliance it's very scalable. It's much easier because we can deploy several Virtual Appliances in minutes. Previously it was more difficult.

When we have some kind of issue and our internal, primary level of support can't resolve it, we directly contact CA support. They are responsive.

As consultants, often when we come with an issue it's not an easy issue. We need to engage higher support levels and they have the knowledge.

At this moment it is very straightforward; the process has been improved.

What other advice do I have?

As consultants, when we sell to customers, price is the principal concern in selecting a vendor. The experience of the company as partners is also very important. Finally, the stability of the product.

I would advise, first, compare products and research their flexibility and how easy it is to implement the solution. Maybe it's difficult for many technicians. Also, compare what is offered in the market with what you want to do with the solution. If your requirements are small, maybe don't need this kind of solution. But for a big company with so many requirements, a solution like CA Identity Suite is more affordable.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Vendor/implementor.