Ca2

CA OPS/MVS Event Management and Automation Review
It's been stable for years and technical support has been responsive.

Video Review:

Valuable Features:

Automation is very important to any data center; just the ability to optimize things, run more efficiently. OPS/MVS does that tremendously.

Improvements to My Organization:

I think from our standpoint, from automation, automation is central. We've reduced people from making mistakes. We've actually improved performance because now, OPS/MVS is doing things more efficiently than a person would do; they may make mistakes; finger checks here. OPS/MVS will do it automatically, and that's been working well.

Room for Improvement:

I think, for me, I’d like to see more of its web base. The ISPF dialogue needs a little bit more features. However, the web base will be even more important for me.

Use of Solution:

We're a beta site for CA. I've been with the company 30 years, so I probably have been using it for about 19, probably about 15 years.

Stability Issues:

I've been utilizing it for, again, 15 years. I'm happy with what we've seen with CA OPS/MVS.

Scalability Issues:

Interestingly, since we're a beta site, we had the old automation platform. Then, when they merged OPS/MVS to automate, they really improved things with the merge. And then they started building up on it, so it's been scalable for the past umpteen years now.

I get along very well with support. Thankfully, we have a good relationship over the years; just building a relationship with them. They've been responsive to every question that we had. I'm happy about that.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup and upgrades are pretty much straightforward. Now that we've had it for so long, pretty much, we're just adding on at this point. They're pretty much stable, as far as the initial setup and also upgrades.

Other Solutions Considered:

We've been asked plenty of times about other vendors, but for us, we've had it so many years. We don't see anything out there that actually meets up to what OPS/MVS is doing for us, so we're comfortable with it.

When selecting a vendor, we look for a vendor that's stable; that’s one of the criteria. A vendor that's been around for a little while that has the future, vision. As far as OPS/MVS is concerned, they have that. They've been working on solutions, different solutions for OPS/MVS, promoting it to the customers, and even getting feedback. That's very important for me, as well: feedback from the customers; having the ability to communicate and say, "Okay. I like that idea. Let's implement that in the next release." So, that's been good.

Other Advice:

With any company nowadays, senior people are being shipped out, basically retiring. New people are coming in and, in the mainframe industry, a lot of the newcomers do not know the mainframe. So, having that automation platform in place and having it learn throughout the years, we had to do something.

We started off as a beta site for CA, so we learned throughout the years that it's worked value for us and even reduced head count, so that was a good thing.

I'm happy with what we've seen with CA OPS/MVS.

1 visitor found this review helpful
Anonymous avatar x30

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About CA OPS/MVS Event Management and Automation?

Our experts can help. 218,735 professionals have used our research on 5,617 solutions.