CA OPS/MVS Event Management and Automation Review

Allows us to always meet our time critical requirements through automation

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is the automation of all of tasks. I used the scheduling feature and also automation of various time-critical top functions and facilities.

How has it helped my organization?

It's made it so that with a lot of automation pieces we can bring this region up or take this region down, and it allows us to actually always meet our time critical requirements. If it's supposed to be up at 8am, it comes up at 8am.

What is most valuable?

It works, and as far as the scheduling piece, it is wonderfully well-written and I use it all the time.

If something breaks and it goes down when it's not supposed to, automation brings it right back up. So it's really used mainly for availability.

What needs improvement?

It more or less does everything we need for it to do.

Very stable.

Scalability is really not an issue in the mainframe. It can handle anything we need it for to handle.

They do a good job. I have SYSVIEW and I'll call CA more for SYSVIEW than I would for Ops.

We actually had CA, one of their experts, come in and help us set it up. Now it seems simple, but I have to train folks on it and it's complex, but it does a lot for us. It's complex because it does everything.