CA OPS/MVS Event Management and Automation Review
Allows us to schedule jobs into priority groups, and I can interrupt and restart a job if needed

What is our primary use case?

We use OPS to manage our workflow with jobs.

It performs great.

How has it helped my organization?

It does what it's supposed to do. What we need it to do is just bring our tasks up and bring them down, and in the right order.

What is most valuable?

It brings up the jobs. We can schedule them into different groups, so we can bring up the base system first and then the applications just run on top of the that; then the jobs that aren't quite as important after that.

We can enter special commands. It can go out and see messages as the job comes up, and you can reply commands to the messages.

Satisfies the dependencies.

What I like about it personally is that I can go out and interrupt what's going on and bring a job down if I need to, and bring it back up. It works out really well.

What needs improvement?

Some of the commands are long. For example, to start a job, instead of just doing "s" plus space, to start a task, you have to type in "ssm", space, "sj", space, "job equals." That's how I do it. I use the commands. I know that you can go into a panel and kick things off in a different way. Maybe that would be easier.

As far as I know it's stable. I think we did have one crash. I'm a user of it, I don't support it. But there was a crash.

I believe it's scalable.

I have used technical support and it works great.

What other advice do I have?

It works well.