CA OPS/MVS Event Management and Automation Review
Enables us to cope with some incidents before they happen

Video Review:

How has it helped my organization?

We have managed to avoid a lot of incidents with it. We can, in fact, with OPS/MVS cope with some incidents before they happen.

What is most valuable?

The product is really a very good automation. It's around the Rolls-Royce products of the automation products that are around. It's a very stable product. I very much like the SSM stuff in it. The rules engine, it's awesome.

What needs improvement?

There is always room for improvement and new features, and we like new features, so if CA delivers them, we are happy to use them.

Before, we had downtime without the product. Now we can, in fact, avoid the downtime with it.

It's very scalable. You can automate with it, a 1CP, and for the moment we have around 200 LPARs. So you can, for one LPAR, it's a logical partition... or with 200. It's very scalable.

Very good, because if I open a ticket with them, I get instant reaction, and the solution is also very fast.

It's relatively straightforward. It's not so complex. Of course, if you are a newbie, it will be more complex than for someone who has done it before.

What other advice do I have?

Regarding important criteria when selecting a vendor, it's all together: It's the stability, it's the support. I also know some of the developer guys, and that's really an add-on if you know them, and you can talk to them straight here at CA World.

It's definitely a 10 out of 10, because it's a very stable product. It's a really fast product. It's one of the best on the market. I compared other products like stuff from IBM, BMC, with it, and it's nothing like anything else on the market for the moment.