CA Performance Management Review

Multiple groups can quickly obtain near real-time network gear historical performance data

What is our primary use case?

• Troubleshooting
  • Capacity planning
  • Alerting

How has it helped my organization?

It gives multiple groups the ability to view dashboards and quickly obtain data about historical performance of network gear, with near real-time data.

What is most valuable?

Historical data, to help with trending and capacity planning.

The dashboards are easy to use and can be viewed on any web browser.

What needs improvement?

Product has issue collecting IP SLA data.

Three to five years.

No issues yet with stability.

No issues with scalability.

Good.

Previously we used eHealth which is a CA-owned product. We moved because they are phasing out eHealth.

Complex. Install is done as root, which is a security no-no, and the database IO requirements were not stated correctly, which lead to a year of instability.

Do your homework and know how many devices you will be managing out of the gate. Be sure to project what your growth will be each year.

What other advice do I have?

I think the product has matured a lot, and I’m impressed with CA when I hear about new features. The product continues to improve and the future is looking bright.