CA Release Automation Review
The UI makes it easier for non-engineers to understand.

Valuable Features

The UI makes it easier for non-engineers to understand. It's reliable and works well once you figure out its quirks.

Improvements to My Organization

We have used the product to automate software deployments and simple tasks for technical support. We have reduced our failure rate dramatically due to automation. However, that's more due to the fact that we've automated than any particular virtue of the product.

Room for Improvement

The UI is very quirky, with numerous small frustrating bugs. While it is possible to script, the REST API is nearly impossible to use and the old CLI support has many undocumented features.

Use of Solution

I've used it for three years.

The deployment process is painful. We avoid it as much as possible.

We've had a few outages due to bugs. We were able to work around the bugs, but it was a frustrating process.

Yes. The licensing model before the company was purchased was scalability-friendly. Now it is not.

About a 3/10. It took weeks to get a simple quote for more licenses (we joked that CA doesn't want our money) and their support portal is very difficult to use.

About a 5/10. I'm not sure CA has more than one or two people who even know what the product is, much less the details of how it works.

We had no previous solution.

We bought the product before CA purchased it.

Implementation Team

We received a lot of support from the pre-CA company. They were excellent.

ROI

It's high in that we have moved a lot closer to continuous delivery. It's reliable. However, the licensing model will eventually force us to find another solution.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I don't know the original setup cost. They charge several thousand per agent/node.