Nolio Release Automation OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Nolio Release Automation is #9 ranked solution in top Release Automation tools. IT Central Station users give Nolio Release Automation an average rating of 8 out of 10. Nolio Release Automation is most commonly compared to Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform:Nolio Release Automation vs Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a financial services firm, accounting for 40% of all views.
What is Nolio Release Automation?

CA Release Automation enables you to seamlessly connect the continuous delivery ecosystem to deliver high-quality applications faster than ever before. With this enterprise-ready solution, you can accelerate and stabilize application deployments from development to test to production. Its advanced capabilities can help you plan, manage and optimize the continuous delivery pipeline to improve release quality and efficiency. With CA Release Automation, get automated, agile release management that’s ready to work in your IT world.

Nolio Release Automation was previously known as CA Release Automation.

Download the Release Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Nolio Release Automation Customers

CA Release Automation customers include Citrix, NIIT Technologies, ING Bank, Molina Healthcare, Swisscom, Bupa and Tesco.

Read case studies from customers who are igniting and advancing their continuous delivery journey with CA Release Automation.

Nolio Release Automation Video

Nolio Release Automation Reviews

Rahul Verma
CA Lisa Developer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Great scalability, good stability and one of the best on the market

• "The CA Application Insight feature is the solution's most valuable aspect."
  • "The configuration of the solution is a bit difficult to maneuver. They should work to make it easier."

What is our primary use case?

In general, we are replacing vendors with virtual services because vendors are not available and it is costly to get support from them. This is the primary use case for the solution.

What is most valuable?

The CA Application Insight feature is the solution's most valuable aspect.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure if there are any features missing from the solution.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The solution is quite stable. We haven't faced any bugs or glitches or noticed anything at all that has affected its performance.

The scalability of the solution is very good. We haven't had any trouble when expanding the solution.

Right now, we have 15 users on it. Most are engineers or admins. They're handling the day to day department tasks.

We've been in touch with technical support in the past. They are pretty good. They work to get back to us as soon as possible. We've been satisfied with how they've assisted us so far.

We didn't previously use a different tool.

The solution's initial setup is quite complex. It's not straightforward.

Deployment took about two to three months for us.

The number of people you will need for your deployment depends on the project. In our case, we only needed two people to take care of it.

We handled the implementation ourselves. We didn't need the assistance of outside vendors or integrators.

I'm not sure of the licensing costs for this solution. These are not details I handle in my day to day. They are directly handled by the client.

I've also looked at HP and Micros Focus as options that we may work with them in the future.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is a great tool. In my opinion, it's the number one tool on the market right now, and I've done some research into other options.

I'd recommend this solution to others. Many people don't realize that things can be virtualized like this. It can be very easy. All the requirements are right there in one click. It's simple to use. People should try it.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Ronit Knafo
Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
The graphical view when writing a flow but it should support more Python scripts

• "The graphical view of when you're writing flow is the most valuable feature."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see more features to use active directory. And more rules to support more Python scripts and to work with Kubernetes and clouds, to have an easy solution for a lot of parameters."

What is most valuable?

The graphical view of when you're writing flow is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

We want to expand our work to Amazon or Azure to the public cloud. We have Kubernetes on-prem and I want to know if Nolio can handle it.

I have been using Nolio for three years.

It is stable.

We have more than 500 uses in my company. Nolio requires 20 people for maintenance.

The initial setup was easy. We work with several environments and it doesn't take long move from the environment to one to the other.

We have problems with the CRT. We also deploy microservices. We have a lot of parameters that are different to go from one environment to another, and it's a lot of parameters that we have to deploy and change.

The price is not an issue here.

We also looked at Ansible. You don't need to be a DevOps engineer to know how to write the scripts. I could be an operation user. It's too complicated.

What other advice do I have?

It's a nice tool. I think that in the next version, 6.7, they will have more features. Features like supporting Kubernetes.

I would rate Nolio a six out of ten.