CA Release Automation Review

It's multi-tiered, reduces the number of errors, and has a comprehensive list of action packs and plug-ins.

Valuable Features

1. Manifest driven
  2. Multi-tier release automation
  3. Comprehensive set of action packs and plug-ins to achieve business requirements

Improvements to My Organization

1. The number of errors have been reduced
  2. A higher quality process has been achieved for application releases
  3. Release Automation's significance and capability led to the formation of a new vertical team called DevOps in my organization
  4. DevOps is being implemented on all the projects in my organization, to enhance customer experience

Room for Improvement

Zero down time during production deployment. Currently we use the 'Bank' concept for scalability.

Use of Solution

I've used it for four years.

Yes, but that was later fixed by the CA team in the later versions of the product.

If more than 150 nodes are connected to the execution/NAC server, then we observe slowness in the execution of the processes. This then leads to time-outs, and the deployment fails on some of the nodes.

No issues encountered.

7/10.

7/10.

We used to do the deployment manually, which lasted for hours, and it didn't usually work in one go. So to automate the deployments we started using Release Automation.

With the help of a CA team, the initial setup was simple.

Implementation Team

We implemented it through a CA team.

Other Solutions Considered

We also looked at IBM u Deploy.

Other Advice

It is a very good product and can help the organizations in the long run, which will lead to higher customer satisfaction.

1 visitor found this review helpful