CA Test Data Manager Review

Data masking, subsetting, and synthetic data generation cover our needs. They should have more than just desktop-based interfaces.

What is most valuable?

We started the TDM journey due to our data masking needs.

How has it helped my organization?

It doesn’t only cover our data masking needs, but also our data subsetting and synthetic data generation needs. Finally, it gave us the idea of making test data as a service within our organization.

What needs improvement?

The current version of the product is composed of several sub applications and the UI screens of those apps are not user-friendly enough. We are expecting that existing product should be merged to a single web based application supporting HTML5.

I have about three months of experience. We haven’t installed the product yet. We are at the beginning of the implementation phase.

We are not using it right now. This is the first time we are using the TDM solution. We are just about to install the product. We have not seen any stability issues yet.

We will see about scalability when we implement the product. We are just beginning the implementation phase. We are just about to install the product right now in the production environment.

For technical support, we are fine.

We reviewed different products, like Informatica TDM or IBM Optim. Finally, we decided on the CA TDM solution. This looks like a very Agile product that continues to be enhanced.

Inside the TDM, there are data makers, or different kind of sub-applications. Now they are moving to a single web application interface on TDM.