Ca2

CA Test Data Manager Review
Gives you confidence in data that you're creating and keeps you out of the SOX arena, because there's no production data within that environment.

Video Review:

Valuable Features:

Test Data Manager allows you to do synthetic data generation. It gives you a high level of confidence in your data that you're creating. It also keeps you out of the SOX arena, because there's no production data within that environment. The more that you can put in controls and keep your data clean, the better off you are. There are some laws coming into effect in the next year or so that are going to really scrutinize production data being in the lower environments.

Improvements to My Organization:

We have certain aspects of our data that we have to self-generate. The VIN number is one that we have to generate and we have to be able to generate on the fly. TDM allows us to generate that VIN number based upon whether it's a truck, car, etc. We're in the car, auto loan business.

Room for Improvement:

I would probably like to see improvement in the ease of the rule use. I think sometimes it gets a little cumbersome setting up some of the rules. I'd like to be able to see a rule inside of a rule inside of a rule; kind of an iterative process.

Stability Issues:

TDM has been around for a couple of years. I used it at my previous company, as well. It's been really stable. It's a tool that probably doesn't get utilized fully. We intend on taking that, partnering it with the SV solution and being able to generate the data for the service virtualization aspect.

Scalability Issues:

Scalability is similar along the SV lines; it's relatively easy to scale. It's a matter of how you want to set up your data distribution.

We were very pleased with the technical support.

Previous Solutions:

When you have to generate the amount of loan volume that we need – 50 states, various tax laws, etc. – I needed a solution that I can produce quality data that fits the target testing we need; any extra test cases; etc. We’re more concentrated on being very succinct in the delivery and the time frame that we need to get the testing done in.

I used CA in my previous company. I have prior working relationship with them.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup was done internally. Obviously, the instructions that were online when we downloaded it, we were able to follow those and get the installation done. We did have a couple of calls into the technical solution support area and they were able to resolve it fairly quick.

Other Advice:

I think from my synthetic generation, a lot of times generating synthetic data can be cumbersome. TDM, with some of the rules aspect of it, you can generate it and have your rules in place that you know your data's going to be very consistent. When we want a particular loan to come through with a particular credit score, we can generate the data. We can select and generate the data out of TDM that will create me a data file for my in-front script, through using DevTest.

I also push the service virtualization record to respond to the request of the loan, hitting the credit bureau, returning a certain credit score, which then gets us within that target zone for that loan we're looking for, to trigger a rule.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About CA Test Data Manager?

Our experts can help. 219,209 professionals have used our research on 5,617 solutions.