CA Workload Automation Review

The product does all of our enterprise scheduling. It works constantly and is pretty seamless.

What is our primary use case?

The product does all of our enterprise scheduling.

How has it helped my organization?

We use it for a number of our clients. So far, we have had great success with it. It works constantly and is pretty seamless. You do not have to open up many support tickets. The product works very well for us.

What is most valuable?

Ease of use.

What needs improvement?

I am more interested in converting more schedulers over to this particular solution, so the ease of the conversion tools.

We have not pushed it to its limit.

We were being pushed by BMC, and CA came forth and gave us a lower cost solution.

The system programmer who worked on the project, he actually set it up within a week. There was a couple of tweaking, turning, and configurations that had to be done after that, but it was up and running in about 10 days. We were able to convert another scheduler over to it without an issue.

LRS, Rocket Software, and CA. We chose CA because of the support of the products and the relationship.

What other advice do I have?

As far as I know, the product is just doing its job for us at this point.

If researching this solution and on an existing scheduler, just make sure you can convert over to this particular solution without risk.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: How we work together. I have to trust them. Also, their overall support.