CA Workload Automation Review

Streamlines automation of cross-platform scheduling

What is our primary use case?

It's a cross-platform scheduler. Any kind of automation that we actually do is over different platforms.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation in general. You need to do less manually.

What is most valuable?

Scheduling in general. Running anything in crontab, you need to put a lot of logic into it to make it work. With this product, you don't have to worry about it. You have the schedule object where you put all the dates or holidays in it, and it does it for you.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see two-factor authentication, since you see a lot of companies in the news for security breaches. That is a really big thing for us.

More than five years.

Stability is great. We generally have no outages.

We're actually going to be upgrading to version 12, so we're looking forward to it.

This is probably something you don't want to hear, but support seems to be getting worse over the years. For some reason the technical knowledge is missing. Occasionally, you actually have to get all the way to Austria to actually get a resolution, which is where the product is originally from.

I wasn't involved in the initial setup but I do the upgrades. They're straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

We've been using the product for 12, 13 years, so it's been a while.

My most important criterion when selecting a vendor is stability. in general. We want to make sure our customers who use the system never have any downtime.

Give it a try. Test it out. Set up a system, play around with it. It's very easy to work with. The learning curve is not that steep.