Carbonite Server Review

Cloud-based backup and restore that does not slow your computer down

What is our primary use case?

I use Carbonite for our cloud backups. It backs up my computers including the documents and key programs. Really, I have only had to use it a couple of times to restore computers or transfer everything to another computer one time. It has done the job reliably and without any surprises.

What is most valuable?

This product has an automatic simplicity to it. It does not slow down the computer and stays light on the resources.

What needs improvement?

I read that Carbonite may be switching to USB restoral and recovery media. That would definitely be something that I want to make sure is true and probably could make use of.

I think I may have even been using Carbonite Server from before 2010, but it has been at least ten years.

I would not really know how to judge stability. It has been efficient for us as a small business and we have not experienced any obvious misfires.

We currently have three staff members in our organization using Carbonite Server. We are not really putting scalability to the test and probably will not as far as the number of users in the near future.

We rarely had to use technical support in the entire time that I have used the product. It is rare that I have had to use it, but the couple of times that I did, our issues were handled quickly and effectively.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward, I guess. We did not need to use an integrator or consultant for the deployment and we were able to manage that ourselves.

I think the pricing is between $120 and $150 per year. I do not remember exactly off the top of my head, but it is within that range.

What other advice do I have?

The advice that I have for people looking into using Carbonite Server is that it seems reliable and easy to use. I would recommend it if you need this kind of solution.

On a scale of one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate Carbonite Server as a nine or even a ten-out-of-ten. That may be because I am not an expert in this type of solution, but it does everything I expect it to and does not get in the way while doing it. I am very happy with it.

Find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Veeam Software, Zerto and others in Cloud Backup. Updated: January 2021.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.