Chatter Review

I use groups to exchange information with a community. The user and mobile experience could be closer to the B2C mobile apps standard.

What is most valuable?

I use Chatter groups to exchange information with a community.

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed us to promote digital activities into internal communication groups.
It helped us to strengthen our digital community all over the world with a dedicated group to share project information and best practices.

What needs improvement?

• The storage of documents was quite limited when we used the tool. I think Salesforce was improving it, working with some other cloud solution like Microsoft or Google Drive.
  • The user and mobile experience could be improved to look like a user friendly tool closer to the B2C mobile apps standard.

I have been using Chatter for three years.

We have not had any stability problems.

We have not had any scalability problems.

I would give technical support a rating of 4.5/5.

We used emails, but we did not use any enterprise social network before using Chatter.

It was quite easy to set up.

Chatter is quite expensive. Be sure you make the mandatory change management after buying this tool. You'll need it to make the users create added value with Chatter.

We didn’t look at alternatives for the Enterprise Social Network part. That was already included within the Salesforce licenses we had.

What other advice do I have?

Think of your change management strategy first.