Cisco Catalyst Switches Review

Very easy to manage with a long lifespan

What is our primary use case?

I'm the group head of IT and we are customers of Cisco.

What is most valuable?

In general, this is a good product with a long lifespan and easily managed. There is good local support available as well as principal support.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see better reporting and also integration possibilities with other platforms. It's quite an expensive product and it would be helpful if they reduced the cost.

We've been using this product for five years.

This product is stable.

It's a scalable product.

Support can be improved, it's usually a matter of your location. That aside, if you can reach them, the support is fine.

The initial setup is quite straightforward although deployment takes some time because you need to carry out the configuration and attach some additional equipment. It can take a few hours. Our implementation partner helps with the base configuration, and then they draw on our internet team to work with them. Once completed, it's handed over to our team management. We've deployed the product on five sites and we usually have one or two people dealing with any issues that arise.

There is an annual license fee.

More Cisco Catalyst Switches reviews from users
...who work at a University
...who compared it with HPE ProCurve
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Catalyst Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.