Cisco Catalyst Switches Review

Advanced customization and manageability

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for a full range of layer two and only limited set of layer three services.

We are a backbone company and we provide a public service. The traffic of millions of users traverse Cisco switches, but they are not within our company. It's a public service.

We plan to increase our usage of this solution.

What is most valuable?

The operating system is great.

What needs improvement?

They need to implement sFlow, other than that, I can't think of anything else that needs to be improved — I am happy.

We have been using Cisco Catalyst Switches for roughly 10 years.

Cisco Catalyst Switches are very stable. We've been using them for 10 years without any issues.

We use an old model, they're not designed to be scalable. But in general, the Catalyst networking suite is scalable.

For our application which is rather simple, we are using only 5% of the features that Cisco Catalyst switches offer. We haven't encountered any problems and therefore, we have not had to call technical support.

We used to use other products, but our CTO loves Cisco.

The initial setup is straightforward and very fast. In total, the whole installation process took two days.

We deployed this solution by ourselves.

3-years

The price could always be lower.

Arista, Fiber Store, Dell, Extreme Networks

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution to others. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Cisco Catalyst Switches a rating of ten.

Other

4948E-E
More Cisco Catalyst Switches reviews from users
...who work at a University
...who compared it with HPE ProCurve
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Catalyst Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,768 professionals have used our research since 2012.