Cisco Catalyst Switches Review

Supports our entire line infrastructure and is easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for the campus network.

How has it helped my organization?

It supports our entire line infrastructure. It runs from the line under the entire campus and is the backbone of the network. The entire business runs from this product.

What is most valuable?

The ease of use is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

They should make it more affordable, improve the cost, manageability, and central management.

I would like to see a cloud-managed feature.

More than five years.

The catalyst switches are stable.

They are scalable. We have are around 2,000 users. We use it quite extensively and we require at least two to three people for maintenance.

Their technical support is good, one of the best in the industry.

The initial setup was straightforward. The deployment depends on the scale of the network, because all of these devices, they don't work in silo, they work in tandem with each other. So it depends on the scale and size of the network.

We used an integrator for the deployment. We had a good experience with them.

We have absolutely seen ROI. You will see ROI if you use this solution for a longer duration.

The price is on the higher side. Licensing is also complicated. Simply, there are multiple licenses required.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten. To make it a ten they should simplify the licensing, add the cloud-managed feature, and it should be more cost-effective.